Monday, June 05, 2006

3 minutes 30 seconds

I've seen this music "meme" a few times now. Out of curiousity I decided to see what songs I have on my computer that are exactly 3 minutes 30 seconds long.

Here's the list I exported from iTunes:
  1. Ella Fitzgerald - 's wonderful
  2. Stefie Shock - 18
  3. The Lion King soundtrack - Akuana Matata
  4. Tia Carrere - Ballroom Blitz
  5. Kaiser Chiefs - Born To Be A Dancer
  6. Monty Python - Bright Side of Life
  7. Bill Wymans Rhythm Kings - Cadillac Woman
  8. The Buzzcocks - Choices
  9. Jan Hammer - Crocket's Theme
  10. Lou Reed - Dirty Blvd.
  11. Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young - Don't Let It Bring You Down
  12. Pink - Don't Let Me Get Me
  13. The Tubes - Don't Touch Me There
  14. Ron Sexsmith and The Uncool - Every Word Of It
  15. Atreyu - Ex's And Oh's
  16. Beck - Forcefield
  17. Prince - Forever in My Life
  18. Paul McCartney - Get Out Of My Way
  19. Frank Zappa - Hungry freaks, daddy
  20. Lynyrd Skynyrd - I Know A Little
  21. Linval Thompson - I Love Marijuana
  22. The Rolling Stones - It's All Over Now
  23. Star Academie (Stéphane & Francois) - La Vie Roule Et Coule
  24. Suzanne Vega - Left Of Center
  25. Fiona Apple - Limp
  26. Yes - Long Distance Runaround
  27. Boomtown Rats - Mary Of The 4th Form
  28. Metric - Monster Hospital
  29. Frank Sinatra - Moonlight Serenade
  30. Billy Joel - Movin' Out
  31. Paul McCartney - No More Lonely Nights 2
  32. Split Enz - Nobody Takes Me Seriously
  33. The Police - Once Upon A Daydream
  34. Alice Cooper - Only Women Bleed (Single Version)
  35. R.E.M. - Perfect Circle
  36. Laurence Jalbert - Rage
  37. bran van 3000 - Rainshine
  38. Iggy And The Stooges - Search And Destroy
  39. Eurythmics - She's Invisible Now
  40. Johnny Winter - Silver Train
  41. Ron Sexsmith and The Uncool - Speaking With The Angel
  42. Cream - Steppin' Out
  43. Stiff Little Fingers - Straw Dogs
  44. The Tragically Hip - Summer's Killing Us
  45. The Cranberries - Sunday
  46. Paul McCartney - The Long and Winding Road
  47. Bruce Springsteen - The Long Goodbye
  48. Orgy - The Obvious
  49. 10 Years - Through The Iris
  50. Macy Gray - This Christmas (Hang All The Mistletoe)
  51. Lord Of The Rings - Twilight And Shadow
  52. The Beatles - Two Of Us

Given that iTunes tells me I have 3o days of music to listen to, it is perhaps not surprising I found stuff I've never heard before. Hopefully, I'll get to them some day as I load new random mixes on to my iPod Shuffle. It's only a matter of time. I listen to more music than ever since I got it.